Monday, May 16, 2011

Derek Boogaard and Minnesota Wild Fans

The passing of Derek Boogaard has taken a profound toll on the fans who know the best players, the people of the Minnesota Wild. Boogaard played the first five years of his career in Minnesota, and in time between 2005 and 2010, he became perhaps the most beloved players in franchise history.

Wild On our blog, Hockey Wilderness, fans have stopped by to share the wonderful memories they have about the Boogey, and many of them are very personal, a brief glance at how many human connections are made outside the hockey arena. A sampling:

My favorite memory Boogaard see him with my brother. Tyler was on leave from Iraq two weeks at the same time Boogey come to our town. We waited in line for four hours to be first met him, and he is SUCH a lover. Only a beautiful person. Boogaard is the one who brought my brother and I closer to each other, and therefore it is more meaningful to me than I think most people can understand. It really saddened by this.